Friday, December 10, 2010

The Lower Lights // A Hymn Revival


I'm taking a small break from reflections to tell you that you NEED this album.It is most appropriate since we are celebrating the birth of Christ. I have a hard time finding worship music that I can stand, that doesn't include ridiculous electric guitar solos, and doesn't have cheesy lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but I need substance.

It all goes back to the classic hymns. I'm still blown away by the beauty of the lyrics. The Lower Lights do a brilliant job of recording hymns (gotta love that banjo...). They consist of a bunch of artists from Utah and make wonderful music together. It's simply tragic if you don't own or plan on owning this album.
Get yourself a Christmas present!

J.

1 comments:

Susanna said...

I love this Jordan! I'm gonig to have to buy it on itunes, Thanks!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com