Saturday, December 11, 2010

6. Journal Each Day/ 7. Quote of the Night

I definitely didn't journal each day, but for most of the year I was writing whether it was in a bible study, through prayer, or just writing down thoughts/worries. I have found that writing things down (especially when praying) is much more affective for me.
For now, I have this prayer journal that I try to write in every night. Usually when I try to pray before bed I only make it to "Dear God" then I'm gone. So I will definitely continue to journal.

My quotes of the night are officially done. Partially because I misplaced my quote book. Occasionally I find a quote and jot it down. In that case, I will share with the blogging world. That's about as far as I'm going to get from now on.

Speaking of... I was emailing a Tiny Hands director a while back and he has this quote at the bottom of every email (I might have shared this before):

There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.
(G. K. Chesterton)

I was so inspired by this...and very convicted. This is truly the answer to avoiding worldly desires for me. It's also appropriate for Christmas, eh?

J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com