Tuesday, December 21, 2010

8. Go Green

I have been sitting here for the last 10 minutes trying to remember what I have done to be "green". This is a bad sign...

Okay, so I haven't really joined the "green" trend. Do I think it's important to treat God's creation with respect? Absolutely. Do I think some people are going wayyy overboard doing so? You betcha. 

So what have I done to do my part this year? 
(1) I recycled my plastic bags when I could
(2) I (occasionally) rode my bike when the weather was nice
(3) I bought myself a hip and trendy water bottle so I wouldn't buy plastic ones anymore
(4) I refused receipts as much as possible when making purchases
(5) I drank out of mugs at coffee shops rather than get a cup

These aren't drastic and I definitely didn't go out of my way to do them. I feel that if I were truly "green" I would be doing things out of my comfort zone. However, I think it's a start. When Truman and I get married I would really like to make changes to things that we are too reliant on. For now, I'll keep getting ideas from here. Thanks, Rachel McAdams!

J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com