Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{The Two of Us}


5 jobs + 3 moves + 1 sold car + 1 baby = our first year of marriage.
This has been the most difficult and most joyful year of my life so far. I said "I do" knowing Truman very well and knowing realistically that marriage so young meant a few trials and it certainly has been a year of trials but the Lord has provided over and over again.

Life with Truman has painfully exposed some sin in my life that I didn't know existed prior, but most importantly he's shown me that it's okay when things don't go as planned and that there can be joy found in any circumstance. He has taught me that you choose happiness (even though I hate when he says it when I'm pouting!) and that no matter how hard the circumstance it is most important to stick together.

I love that we're different (in so many ways) but I love that we're still able to share interest in things like music (that is how I fell in love with him in the first place!). Being a wife has shown me how important it is to encourage your husband and serve him selflessly. And though my sin causes me to fail on a day-to-day basis, I find it so amazing that God's grace gives me the chance to wake up the next day and try again. And I will every day for the rest of my life. This next year I am looking forward to staying home and caring for my husband and child full time. There is nothing more satisfying to me than serving my family and I am thankful I have the opportunity. 

Here's to many more lessons learned, more snuggles on his chest, more jam sessions in the car, more babies :), more deep and honest conversations, and an ever growing love for Christ and each other. 
I love you, Truman Faeh, and by God's grace I hope to show you that every day. 

**Music is really important to Truman and I. We have shared so many memories dancing in our living room, going to shows, and laying around with the record player on. I compiled a playlist of us. Our favorites, songs that are a perfect description of who we are together. You can have a listen on Spotify if you'd like! I posted my current favorite below, as well.**

{Broke & In Love}


Think About the Two of Us - Tim and Nicki Bluhm

You and Me - Penny & The Quarters

No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses

If It's the Beaches - The Avett Brothers

Harvest Moon - Neil Young

Did You Come Here - The Wheel

April Come She Will - Simon & Garfunkel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com