Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jasmine

I recently discussed my ambitions for collecting essential oils. I'm trying to use natural products as much as possible (without breaking the bank) and essential oils are a great place to start. My very first purchase was in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Out of the many scents, I decided to start with Jasmine. 
Let me tell you why...

When we were in Colorado, I really wanted to visit this store that provided all natural body products called Little Moon Essentials. The store was a little wacky (they are into magic and whatnot) but the products were amazing! Everything was reasonably priced and smelt so good. I wanted to take one of everything, but settled on a few key items. My grandma is really into "healthy stuff" (for lack of a better term) and purchased a book written by the owner called "The Garden of Earth".
There is SO much information on essential oils and thousands of recipes for home remedies. The author is totally off her rocker. (She actually has an interview and picture with who someone who claims to be "mother nature". Ridiculous.) But her knowledge on health for the body is fascinating. 

Back to Jasmine... I read in the book that many people assume lavender is best for sleeping. I am one of the world's worst sleepers and I have been using lavender for years. It's calming, no doubt, but the author suggests that Jasmine will do the trick. I put it on my temples before I go to sleep and the scent does wonders. (I have to give some credit to the fact that I have been incredibly tired lately).


Two things that are making me pleasantly content this evening. 1) The sweet aroma of Jasmine and 2) this little gal waiting for me outside the door every time I take a bath. It's time for beans and I to get some shut eye.
Night everyone, J.

2 comments:

Joy said...

In case you haven't yet, hit up the library. If I remember right, they have a decent selection of information on oils!

Danica Pardini said...

I have and even printed out some pages for my wedding binder. haha. I think I'm just not a natural planner. ?

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com