Monday, February 7, 2011

America

I'm starting with this album because it probably means the most to me out of all of my records. I had been wanting a record by America since I received my record player, but couldn't find one in any of the record stores. America is classic. No matter what the season, they remind me of summer.

It may sound cheesy, but this album practically found me. I went to Steamboat Springs with my family last summer. The town was beautiful and filled with cute little shops along the road. We walked by a store that looked like a gift shop. My mom and sister wanted to go in but I wasn't amused. I went in anyway to browse around. The lady at the counter told me they had a record section in the way back of the store. My search for an America album immediately popped into my head so I decided to give it a shot. There was a lot of junk and I was starting to think I wasn't going to have any luck until I flipped the next record and found a ragged old America album jumping from the bin and into my arms.
I walked...ran...up to the counter, gave the lady a couple bucks, and left.

I have spent many days with America and anticipate many more to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com