Sunday, November 6, 2011

So Thankful.

Thanksgiving used to be one of my least favorite holidays as a child. No gifts. Pumpkin everything. Family watching football all day. But as I grow older, this holiday is slowly climbing the charts to be one of my favorites. Maybe it's because this season of life is really teaching me to be thankful all the time (not just for a month). I have been keeping a "thankful" list since this summer and I thought I would share my thankfulness this month. I'll try to post frequently since I have so much to be thankful for!

191. Early morning radio music
192. The first snow
193. Big, white flakes
194. Carpet lines
**I came home from work the other day and Truman had vacuumed the entire place! This doesn't sound like that big of deal but if you know Truman, you'll know that he never cleans. I felt so loved :)
195. Clean home
196. Thick socks
197. Start of holiday season
198. Bright orange trees
199. Extra hour of sleep
200. Morning snuggles with the bean
201. Falling asleep on his chest
202. Afternoon peace
203. Kali's frequent visits
204. Glenn Miller on the record player
205. Grocery shopping with Truman
I love living so close to people we know. Especially Kal. She comes over all the time and I LOVE it. I want our house to be an open door to family and friends.

I was feeling crafty this weekend and decided to finally make some chalkboards for our home. It was really easy and a cheap way to decorate a home on a budget! We're having some friends over to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend so I felt it was necessary to do a little fall decorating, as well.




Truman got to choose the quote for the week. We watched a documentary on Bob Dylan once and Mr. Dylan told an angry guest to "be groovy or leave." Truman thought it was great.

5 comments:

A Simple Homemaker said...

Love it! The chalkboards turned out great-I think I just might have to make one so we can have 'quote of the week' at our house. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it Jordan! So cute! And I love that you are so happy in your relocation :) Friends aren't everything but they sure are a lot, aren't they?! - Sarah R

Allison Nichole said...

I love the chalkboards! We are doing them for the wedding but I have been debating what material to use and to paint with chalkboard paint. Suggestions?

Notes From A Ragamuffin said...

Sharon- I have plenty of chalkboard paint leftover :)

Alison- I used the glass that came with the frames. Spray pay seemed to work very nice and it only took a couple of coats!

RenaissanceSandi said...

LOVE the quote! I like to think that I live by that philosophy, too!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com