Monday, August 2, 2010

Rocky Mountain High



I went to Steamboat Springs, CO this weekend. It was one of the most beautiful towns I have ever visited--I could live there and I don't think Truman would mind being a mountain man.

I definitely bonded with nature. Hiking mountains, seeing waterfalls, and swimming in springs. Everything is so freeing in the mountains (hence the hippies everywhere). Speaking of...my absolute favorite part of the trip was Strawberry Hot Springs. These natural springs were way up in the mountains and after dark clothing was optional. It sounds a little questionable, but part of me thinks it would be liberating to swim through warm springs with nothing but my skin and the moon.

Maybe the mountains got to my head a little too much...
Anyway, I had a great time and appreciated the peacefulness of God's creation.

J.


1 comments:

ttloree said...

I'm glad you had a good time out here. It's a great place for your mind and spirit. Come back soon!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com