Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Grass


Ahhhhh. The wait is over. I am finally engaged to Truman Wendell Faeh.
For those of you who don't know me very well, let me inform you that I am quite possibly the most impatient person walking the earth. Truman and I have been discussing engagement since September of 2009 (that would be a year!) so it's safe to say I've been thinking about this for a while.

It all started at a coffee shop...
Jewel and Lanny Faeh opened up Barista's when I was a senior and hired me that fall. That winter, Truman moved back to Nebraska and started working at the coffee shop. We didn't start getting to know each other until that summer. I knew I liked him the moment he said he knew who William Fitzsimmons and Sufjan Stevens were (that was rare back then).
For some reason we started working together all the time and getting more and more acquainted. (Little did I know, he was scheduling us together...)

Fast forward to college.
He moved to Arkansas, I moved to Lincoln. I was positive nothing was going to happen. He started emailing me and that lead to phone calls which lead to a relationship. We "dated" for a whole year while being 8 hours apart.

When he came back for fall break, it was going to be the first time we had seen eachother since we had worked together. We went to a park and had a picnic under this unique tree. I remember taking a nap, listening to "September Grass" by James Taylor, and thinking "this is the one".

Little did I know that under that tree was where it would all begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com