Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Walk





Last week showed the first signs of spring.
Because there was so much snow, this meant that everything was slushy and brown and gross.

Truman and I were sitting at The Mill (our favorite spot) trying to study, but we both agreed that it was way too nice outside to be doing school work. Coco hadn't been introduced to the outside world yet so we decided it was the perfect day to take her on her very first walk.

There is this pathetic excuse for a park close to The Mill that we took her to. It was the funniest thing to watch her adjust to having a collar on. She acted as though the collar took away her ability to walk like a normal animal--it was hilarious. She was getting tangled up in her leash and didn't understand that she needed to walk straight.

It was incredibly muddy on the borders of the sidewalk and of course that's where she decided to walk. A little white puppy and the leftovers of winter don't mix.
So, being the wonderful mother that I am, I started to run with the leash so she would chase after me and stay on the sidewalk. She ran right in between my legs and I completely wiped out. We're talking scrape-your-palms-on-the-pavement wipe out. There was a person sitting in their car and I can only imagine the humor they found in this entire scenario.

Needless to say, our first walk didn't run smoothly. But I definitely consider this "spending time with nature". I practically kissed the cement for goodness sake. Tru and I had a fun time enjoying the much needed sun with our little runt.

Song for the week: "Little Fire" by Patty Griffin. Her new album is brilliant--get it.

J.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com