Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Cross

(A picture I took when I was taking Tru to work...he was driving, of course!)

It is my only hope that these next few days (and the rest of my life) I can truly see my sin and need for Jesus. That I would understand that MY sin nailed him to the cross. MY sin stood there shouting "crucify!" Because when I can grieve my sin, I can fully rejoice in the victory that has been won, in the mercy that has been given to me.

Music has always been very important to me. And what I love about worship music is that it puts into words what I can't. I have been listening to these songs over and over lately and I still find myself sobbing at the miraculous gift I have been given. Forgiveness. I am washed clean. Though I continue to fail and desire anything other than Christ, I am always seen clean in God's eyes. It leaves me speechless. So because I don't feel I can do the feelings justice, I'll just share a few quotes from the songs in my playlist. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do during this time of preparation, mourning, and celebrating. Christ is risen.

"There was no other good enough to pay the price of sin, He only could unlock the gate to Heaven and let us in."
-There is a Green Hill Far Away, The Lower Lights

"As a deer pants for water so my soul thirsts for you...so when I'm drowning out at sea and all your breakers and your waves crash down on me I'll recall your safety scheme. You're the one who made the waves and your Son went out to suffer in my place and to show me that I'm safe."
-Satisfied in You, The Sing Team

"So if I stand let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through and if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you."
-If I Stand, Rich Mullins

"How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure,
that He should give His only Son to make a wretch His treasure. Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon his schoulders. Ashamed I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers. It was my sin that left him there until it was accomplished. His dying breath has brought me life. I know that it is finished."
-How Deep the Father's Love for Us

Listen here: {The Cross}

I hope these words move you as much as they have moved me,
J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com