Thursday, July 19, 2012

{27 Weeks}

It feels SO good to be in the third trimester (well, not literally--I could do without the back pain, leg cramps, and sleepless nights) and know that we are less than 3 months away from meeting our girl. 

You know how most people have a really busy wedding season? Well, for us it's baby season. So many women in my life are pregnant and due in the next 2-5 months. There must be something in the water this year :) Either that or we just suck at the Natural Family Planning thing, ha! Although it's torture to watch my friends hold their little ones before me, I'm so excited that little P and I will have a lot of people to share this special time with.

My sister-in-laws threw me a beautiful baby shower last weekend. Driving home with a trunk-load of diapers really put things into perspective! They used inspiration for the nursery to decorate so there were lots of branches, feathers, and gold jars scattered around the tables. I'm so thankful for all the hard work they put into it. 





As I've said before, I am loving my current "housewife" role as we transition back into Lincoln. We had a few friends over for dinner so I took the opportunity to make use of my Pinterest board and serve some fun summery drinks. Non-alcoholic, of course, but still delicious!

Strawberry-Basil Soda (I used mint from the garden instead)
(recipe here)
 
Strawberry Peach Limeade
(recipe here)

And if I haven't bombarded you with enough recipes yet, I tried a new cookie recipe and it was a huge hit. Plus, it made a TON of cookies so I shared with just about everyone I know (which is my favorite part of baking).
Toffee-Almond Cookies
 (recipe here)

I'm a personal believer that one can only be productive in the kitchen with the help of a killer playlist.
I decided to whip out my college freshman favorite, M83, along with some other tunes that forbid you to stand still (and possibly thrust that baby bump back and forth...). Baby P was digging it. She has good taste.
Enjoy!


Reunion - M83

Paradise - Coldplay

Pull My Heart Away - Jack Penate

Feel It All Around - Washed Out

Midnight City - M83

Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire

New Theory - Washed Out

Eyes Wide Open - Gotye

Too Young - Phoenix

Wake Up - Arcade Fire

Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay

Hold Out - Washed Out

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - Coldplay

No Cars Go - Arcade Fire

So Near - Penate

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my lanta, those cookies look REALLY good! On my list to make this week now! PS, forgot to tell you, some of those feathers (like the one above I think) my dad gathered on the farm for me from the turkeys...so let me know if you want more...i'll have him keep a lookout for more! Sometimes they are nice and sometimes they are beat up:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com