Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Festivities

Though the majority of our summer is filled with work, we have been trying to squeeze in a few fun activities together. AND I've been able to cross a few things off of my summer goals list!
1. Visit the Omaha Farmer's Market
2. Visit the Lincoln Farmer's Market
3. Jazz on the Green
4. Miletta Vista Winery
5. Slattery Vintage Estates
6. Holy Family Shrine
7. Kayak down the Mighty River Platte
8. Roca Berry Farm
9. Arbor Farm

We visited the beautiful Slattery Vintage Estates a couple weeks ago. Nebraska's best getaway, seriously. Because of a strong storm, we weren't able to stay in the tent but it was fun anyway. We also went to Jazz on the Green for the first time. SO fun. Everyone needs to go at least once. We went by ourselves but there were tons of groups there gathered around picnic baskets (and wine) just enjoying eachother. And finally, I made cupcakes for a bridal shower that my sister-in-law was hosting. I was so thankful for the opportunity and I had a great time trying out my new cupcake tier and plates. Aren't they cute!? Maybe I'm a little biased :)






 Wine in a box. Not very good. But cute!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun!! i keep trying to talk j into a night at slattery before the baby is born...even though we already took our babymoon in chi-town. :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com