Friday, August 26, 2011

Lovely Sounds

I have a strong passion for good music. Of course, "good" is a relative term because what's good to me may not be good to you but I love to share it nonetheless! Though my summer was lacking in adventure is was overflowing with rich tunes. Classic country, bluegrass, worship. I have so many albums and songs that I will listen to and remember as the summer spent in Omaha. Allow me to share my favorites!


Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest
Found out recently that she is coming to Lincoln in October and I am thrilled!

Ellie Holcomb - Magnolia EP
Worship music at its best. Ellie is the wife of Drew Holcomb and a member of Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors but she branched out and made her own album...God bless her for that.

The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
At first The Civil Wars didn't make a huge impression on me. They were one of those bands that I went back to listen to and sounded completely different (even though I'm certain they were wonderful all along). It is still so weird to think back to the days where I blasted Joy William's pop christian tunes in my room. She has come a long way... also I find it hilarious that band member John Paul White looks EXACTLY like Jack White and Johnny Depp. My absolute favorite is "My Father's Father." Tru & I are going to sing it together!


Patty Griffin - Downtown Church
Specifically the song "Little Fire" sung with Emmylou Harris. It's powerful. Patty Griffin is a music saint. End of story.


Trampled By Turtles - Palomino
Banjo. Enough said. Crappy quality video, but great song.


Sarah Jarosz - Follow Me Down
By far my favorite album of the summer. I have a feeling we can expect great things from this gal.


John Mark McMillan - The Medicine
Another guy who has really grown on me. His album is pure genius and gives me goosebumps every time I listen. It is the definition of worship.


A.A. Bondy - American Hearts
He is coming to Omaha this fall! Would love some concert buddies for this one. It will be a killer show.


Those are just a few...ha! No really, I could go on. Any good tunes out there that I don't know of?
J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com