Monday, April 26, 2010

The Good Life



Wow, I have been slacking in the blogging department. To be honest, I didn't feel inspired enough to write a blog. But alas, here I am! Inspired, finally.
It was a good weekend at home and I made a lot of plans to follow through with some of my resolutions. Let me tell you about them...

One of my first resolutions is to paint again. I haven't touched a brush yet. I miss it so much and I'm a little scared to start up again (it's been so long!). However, I am going to try and take a class at prairie winds this summer--keep your fingers crossed that they have an opening.

The YMCA is offering a yoga class almost every morning of the week so I definitely plan on attending that. I have always wanted to take a yoga class so I'm really excited to finally do it. Anyone want to join me? :)

I finally found my summer bike! Since GI is quite small and I work somewhat close to my mom's house, I plan on riding my bike everywhere this summer. I suppose you could call me "green." I'm really just trying to save money on gas (and I've always wanted a cute vintage-looking bicycle). You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a wicker basket on the front, as well.

Lastly, I have fallen in love with Nebraska. Wait a second--back up. Let me re-phrase: there is a tiny bit of Nebraska that I will admit I like. As I was driving to central city, I was in awe of the green everywhere. The storm brewing in the background only made it better. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on leaving the state as soon as possible, but while I'm here I might as well enjoy the small beauty it has to offer.
My wise boyfriend once told me "if you can't be happy here, you can't be happy anywhere". My stubborn self tried to fight him, but I knew it was true. I hate when he's right.

Have a splendid week,
J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com