Sunday, April 4, 2010

Crazy Heart


Goodness, I am on a roll with my music resolution.
I bought another album yesterday--soundtrack, actually.

I had been wanting to see Crazy Heart for a while and when I saw that it was playing at the Grand (for $3.50) I had to go. There are many things I don't like about Grand Island, but one of them isn't the downtown theatre. Unfortunately, Grand Island shuts down at about 6 p.m. every night so grabbing a cup of coffee (that isn't Starbucks) isn't an option, but there's something about seeing a movie in that old theatre that makes me feel like I'm somewhere else.

The movie was fantastic. Everything I love in a good flick--solid acting, great soundtrack, and a good story.
I have never been a fan of country (I hate it, to be honest). Johnny Cash was about as country as I could get. But this movie swayed me a bit. Don't get me wrong--I still loathe the twangy country on today's radio stations, but the old blues-inspired country is something I can't ignore.

I really recommend that you see the movie and download the soundtrack. If you like southern music you will like this.

Though my music list seems to keep getting longer, I need to hold off on purchases for a while. I shall start focusing on a different resolution for the next few days. Cooking, perhaps?

J.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com