Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Best Snack Ever

I tend to snack on things that aren't usually considered healthy (ice cream, chips, chex mix, etc.) but I've been really trying to watch what I eat this summer. NOT because I'm trying to lose weight (I'm trying to gain weight actually) but because I feel that I need to put less junk into my body. If you know me well, you know that I am the pickiest person walking the Earth. I play it safe at restaurants and if it smells bad, I assume it tastes even worse. This has makes the whole "eating healthy" thing very hard.

I have been following this new website called Rooted Wellbeing. They focus on a holistic diet and give great recipes through their newsletters. This recipe has been my favorite so far.




Ingredients:
2-3 bananas, peeled and cut in half
1/4 C. Cacao powder (I used a bar and chopped it into pieces)
1/4 C. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 T. honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, or agave
pinch of sea salt

Directions
1. Cover plate with wax paper
2. Freeze for 1 hour
3. Place remaining ingredients in sauce pan and melt over low heat on stove, constantly stirring, until smooth and combined
4. Remove bananas from freezer and dip into chocolate sauce
5. Place back in freezer for 1-2 hours
**they suggested putting popsicle sticks in the bananas before freezing, I just didn't have any**

If anyone has any good books or websites on holistic eating (that isn't too extreme for my picky taste) then please send them my way!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com