Monday, July 5, 2010

Abigail Washburn



I went a little music-crazy this weekend and bought two albums. I have a long list of albums I need to buy and the decision was tough, but I'm 100% happy with my choices. I decided on Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet and The Wheel.
Both albums are equally fantastic, but I wanted to focus on Abigail. I have expressed my love for the banjo numerous times so I won't put you through that again, but if you like anything folk/southern you will not be disappointed. She reminds me a little of Patty Griffin.

Her sound is just so light and flowy (not a real word). I feel like I need to be driving in the country with the windows down every time I listen to her. If you need an escape, give her a shot.

Cheers to the banjo,
J.
**I posted a video of her below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com